Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Twenty Thanks

Happy Autumn

On the 20th of the month, here's 20 things that I am thankful for, in no particular order:
  • Autumn with bright blue skies, stormy weather, and sweater weather
  • Housemates and late night talks
  • Instagram where new friends are made
  • The Collection's latest album Ars Moriendi because it is my soul (if you want to know anything about me, go listen to that album [right here])
  • People who are honest and live their life without regrets, grudges, or agendas (Seriously. The agenda thing? Stop.)
  • Late night solo art projects for my campus organization
  • The Christian blogger communities I follow (and stalk on twitter)
  • Little brothers and their advice
  • My new tattoo that is gorgeous and I love and adore and try to show off no matter what I'm wearing
  • My wonderful wonderful job
  • My "church sabbatical" of sorts; detoxing from my own cynicism & fear, learning through good books, and the Lord meeting me in solitude
  • Lexington and the community the people are working hard to create and build and make better
  • Parents who listen to me prattle, talk about decisions, and give me garden tomatoes
  • Letting go of pressures, anxiety, deep-rooted fear, outsiders' opinions, and my own unnecessary apologies
  • Kentucky, because I finally love it here
  • Very gladly being the person who can show up, who can help, who can just be for others
  • The changing of majors and (hopefully) finally finding my passion
  • Chick-fil-A's Market Salad for doing salads right
  • The Oh Hellos and Needtobreathe for an astounding show
  • Ideas, passions, callings, and the mulling over of all the things that I refuse to let go of no matter how far off they are and praying I have the strength to fight for them
 And an extra: Noah Gundersen "Poor Man's Son"


 

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment