Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Participate and Simplify

We are currently 13 days, 2 hours, and 25 minutes into 2015.

I'm feeling rather hopeful about this year. The months leading up to it were filled with a lot of new and wonderful people and experiences.

This Mary Oliver quote to the left is my ambition, the mindset that I want to chase.

I've decided upon two words to help me flesh these out this year.

Participate and Simplify.

///

In 2015, these are some of my aspirations.

I want to meet more people and make new friends. I want to further develop the friendships I have. 

I want to have as much fun as possible. 

I want to find a like-minded community of people.

I want to set priorities. I want to find simplicity and develop minimalism.

I want to be more aware. 

I want to be the one who shows up.

In short, I want to participate.

///

On a more detailed scale, here are my other 2015 aspirations: 

I want to create a budget.

I want to get rid of more clothes and things.

I want to give up solo Netflix binges. I have two or three TV shows I keep up with, and I want that to be it.

I want to downsize what I spend my free time on. I have the tendency to pick up hobbies like pebbles on a beach. I want to give up some of the smaller ones and focus on the ones I enjoy more.

I want to act. Procrastinating is a sorry excuse for spending time, and I need to stop being lazy and giving into it.

I want to start reading a book or two a month.

In short, I want to simplify.
///

These are my probably over-ambitious hopes for 2015. It seems like a lot, but my life has been heading in this directing for a couple months now. This is my way of honing in on what I think is important right now, to Participate and Simplify.

There was a lot of change that led up to 2015. I'm sensing that it is going to be a full year. I have a lot of hope and anticipation and I'm looking forward to tackling it moment by moment, one day at a time.

It is now 13 days, 3 hours, and 19 minutes into 2015. What are your aspirations for this year?

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Rach! I love how the themes of this year are so evident in every single one of your aspirations. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete